英文原著精讀小王子(法國經典小說小王子節選英文版朗讀材料)
2023-06-06 14:43:44 1
訂閱【1元超值課程「跟MAX讀英文」】試聽【基礎音標口語課程「玩轉口語」】點右上角關注,獲取更多免費學習資料。
When we had trudged along for several hours, in silence,
當我們默默地走了好幾個小時以後,
the darkness fell, and the stars began to come out.
天黑了下來,星星開始發出光亮。
Thirst had made me a little feverish, and I looked at them as if I were in a dream.
由於渴,我有點發燒,我看著這些星星,像是在做夢一樣。
The little prince's last words came reeling back into my memory:
小王子的話在我的腦海中跳來跳去。
"Then you are thirsty, too?" I demanded.
「你也渴嗎?」我問他。
But he did not reply to my question.
他卻不回答我的問題,
He merely said to me:" Water may also be good for the heart... "
只是對我說:「水對心也是有益處的……」
I did not understand this answer, but I said nothing.
我不懂他的話是什麼意思,可我也不做聲……
I knew very well that it was impossible to cross-examine him.
我知道不應該去問他。
He was tired. He sat down. I sat down beside him.
他累了,他坐下來。我在他身旁坐下。
And, after a little silence,
沉默了一會,
he spoke again: "The stars are beautiful, because of a flower that cannot be seen."
他又說道:「星星是很美的,因為有一朵人們看不到的花……」
I replied, "Yes, that is so."
我回答道:「當然。」
And, without saying anything more, I looked across the ridges of sand that were stretched out before us in the moonlight.
而我默默地看著月光下沙漠的褶皺。
"The desert is beautiful," the little prince added.
「沙漠是美的。」他又說道。
And that was true.
確實如此。
I have always loved the desert.
我一直很喜歡沙漠。
One sits down on a desert sand dune, sees nothing, and hears nothing.
坐在一個沙丘上,什麼也看不見、聽不見。
Yet through the silence something throbs, and gleams...
但是,卻有一種說不出的東西在默默地放著光芒……
"What makes the desert beautiful," said the little prince, "is that somewhere it hides a well..."
「使沙漠更加美麗的,就是在某個角落裡,藏著一口井……」小王子說。
I was astonished by a sudden understanding of that mysterious radiation of the sands.
我很驚訝,突然明白了為什麼沙漠放著光芒。
trudge [trʌdʒ]
v. 跋涉; 緩慢地走;吃力地走
例: She trudged wearily on down the road.
她疲憊地走在路上。
feverish [ˈfiːvərɪʃ]
adj. 發燒的; 激動的; 焦慮不安的
例:If you feel sick and feverish, you should take your temperature as instructed by your doctor and nurse.
如果您感到噁心或發燒,那您應該按照醫生或護士的指示量體溫。
ridge [rɪdʒ]
n. 山脊,隆起; 高壓脊; 褶皺
例:The ridges on the soles of my shoes stopped me from slipping.
鞋底的褶皺可以防止我滑倒。
dune [duːn]
n. 沙丘
例:A herd of camels strolls past as they pull up at a sand dune for the second night of desert camping.
在他們沙漠露營的第二個晚上,一群駱駝從我們紮營的沙丘經過。
gleam [ɡliːm]
v. 發微光;閃爍;流露出
例:His eyes gleamed with triumph after he heard the news of their victory in the game.
聽到他們比賽勝利的消息,他的眼睛裡流露出了勝利的光芒。
【資料大禮包】想要提高口語能力?卻不知從何開始?
關注李俊超老師,私信回復「資料」。即可獲得每日美文的視音頻、文本以及更多免費資料。
點擊【玩轉口語】免費試聽「基礎音標」和「日常口語」的課程!
,