flipped標識是什麼意思(80-11-0049百搭後綴-phobe是什麼意思)
2023-09-27 05:53:17 1
-Penny: Hey, guys, did you get my mail?
夥計們, 你們幫我拿我的郵件了沒?
-Leonard: Yeah, right here.
是,在這。
How was Nebraska?
內布拉斯加那邊怎麼樣?
-Penny: Well, better than north Dakota。
比北達科他州強。
I guess that joke is only funny in Nebraska.
我猜這笑話只有在內布拉斯加州才好笑。
-Sheldon: From the data at hand, you really can’t draw that conclusion.
data: 數據 at hand: 在手邊 draw that conclusion: 得出結論
就目前的數據來說,你還不能得出這結論。
All you can say with absolute certainty is that joke is not funny here.
absolute: 絕對的
你所能唯一確定的是這笑話在這兒不好笑。
-Penny: Boys, it’s good to be back.
兄弟們,回來真好。
-Leonard: How’s your family?
你家人怎麼樣?
-Penny: It was the worst trip.
這趟旅行簡直不能再糟了。
Everyone got sick over the weekend.
get sick: 生病
一個周末下來家裡人全病了。
-Sheldon: Sick?
病了?
-Leonard: Here we go. What kind of sick?
又來了。什麼病?
-Penny: The flu, I guess.
flu: 流行性感冒
我猜,就是流感吧。
-Sheldon: I don’t need you to guess. I need you to know.
我不是要你猜,我要你確定。
Now, when did the symptoms first appear?
symptom:症狀
第一次出現症狀是在什麼時候?
-Penny: Maybe Friday.
大概是周五。
-Sheldon: Friday. Was that morning or afternoon?
周五,上午還是下午?
-Penny: I-I don’t…
我…我不…
-Sheldon: Think, woman, who blew their nose and when?
小姐,好好想想,是誰?在什麼時候擦過鼻子?
-Leonard: Sheldon, relax.
沒事的,Sheldon。
She doesn’t have any symptoms. I’m sure she’s not contagious.
symptom :症狀 contagious:傳染性的
她沒有任何症狀,我確定她不會傳染。
-Sheldon: Oh, please.
拜託。
If influenza was only contagious after symptoms appear, it would have died out thousands of years ago.
Influenza:流行性感冒 die out: 滅絕,消失
如果流感只是在症狀出現後才會感染,那它早該在幾千年前就消失了。
Somewhere between tool using and cave painting, Homo habilis would have figured out how to kill the guy with the runny nose.
Homo habilis:an early form of human which was able to use tools 能人(能用手準確把握器物的早期人科成員) runny nose:流鼻涕
在開始使用石器工具和創作洞穴壁畫的之間的某個時段,能人們肯定會想到要幹掉流著鼻涕的傢伙。
-Leonard: Penny, you』ll have to excuse Sheldon. He’s a bit of a germaphobe.
germaphobe:害怕病菌 germ 細菌;病菌 -phobe害怕
homophobe 憎惡同性戀的人 claustrophobe 患幽閉恐怖症的人
你們能猜到 social media-phobe 是什麼意思嗎?
Penny,你要原諒Sheldon,他有點害怕病菌。
-Penny: It’s okay. I understand.
沒關係,我能理解。
-Sheldon: Thanks for your consideration, now please leave.
謝謝你的體貼,現在請你離開。
-Leonard: You』d better go before he starts spraying you with Iysol.
spray:噴 Iysol:消毒藥水
你最好趁他還沒對著你噴消毒水的時候趕緊閃。
-Penny: Okay, well, thank you for getting my mail.
好的,謝謝你替我拿郵件。
-Leonard: No problem. Welcome home.
小意思,歡迎回家。
,