and和or用在否定句中的區別(否定的分離與結合)
2023-05-14 09:55:28 2
今天所解析內容實際就是否定的分離和否定的結合問題。
1. not A or B是把A和B當作分離的的個體逐個地加以否定,即否定的分離。譯為:既不……也不;不是A,也不是B等:
試比較:
I can't work during the day or do housework in the evening.
我白天不能工作,晚上也不能做家務。
I can't work during the day and do housework in the evening.
我不能白天工作了,晚上還要做家務。
I can't work all day or do housework all evening.
我不能白天工作,也不能整晚上做家務。(對A和B分別否定;對白天工作和整晚做家務都進行了否定)
I can't work all day and do housework all evening.
我不能白天工作一整天,晚上又去整晚做家務。(對A和B作為一個整天加以否定;含義是白天工作了一天,不能整晚做家務)
Don’t drink or drive. 既不準喝酒,也不許開車。
Don’t drink and drive.不要酒後開車。
He did not speak clearly and correctly.他不曾講得清楚又正確。
He did not speak clearly or correctly. 他不曾講得清楚,也不曾講得正確。
He can't read or write.他不會讀,不會寫。
There are people without homes, jobs or family.
有人既無房屋,又無工作,又無家庭。
The man can’t read or write.那人既不會讀書,也不會寫字。
Tom didn’t learn to sing or dance. 湯姆不學唱歌,也不學跳舞。
I didn't refer to anything or anybody. 我並未影射任何人或任何事。
I can't stand her or her friends. 我受不了她及她那些朋友。
We can not exist without food or water.沒有食物和水我們不能生存。
He doesn't like anything I do or say. 他對我所說的和所做的一概不喜歡。
2. not A and B對(A和B視為一個整體)加以否定,即否定的結合。譯為並非等
You shouldn't drink and drive.你不該酒後駕車。
The campaign aims to persuade people not to drink and drive. 這項運動旨在告誡人們不要酒後駕車。
Don’t have a meal and bathe immediately after it. 不要就餐之後立即遊泳。
I can’t be a buyer and a seller too. 我不能既做買方又做賣方。
You cannot eat your cake and have it. 魚和熊掌不可能兼得(即凡事不能兩全)。
Tom can’t sing and dance. 湯姆只會唱歌,不會跳舞。
He did not speak clearly and correctly.他不曾講得清楚又正確。
He did not speak clearly or correctly. 他不曾講得清楚,也不曾講得正確。
I didn’t tell Mum and Dad—I didn’t want to worry them. 我沒告訴爸媽——我不想讓他們擔心。
He is not clever and diligent. .他並非聰明又勤奮。
You can’t be a player and a judge too. 你不能既當運動員又錄裁判員。
It was once thought unmanly not to drink and smoke. 身為男子不抽菸不喝酒曾視為無男子氣概。
Their son won’t get a job and pay rent; he’s nothing but a sponge. 他們的兒子不去工作,不交房租,純屬一個寄生蟲。
His answer was not reasonable and concise. 他的回答並非有道理又簡潔。
She didn’t speak clearly and loud. 她講話並非清楚又聲音大。
He did not speak clearly and correctly.他說得並非清晰又正確。