寫作文時冒號和引號要不要分開寫(如何在寫作中正確使用冒號和分號)
2023-04-12 10:34:53 5
寫作文時冒號和引號要不要分開寫?Hello.,接下來我們就來聊聊關於寫作文時冒號和引號要不要分開寫?以下內容大家不妨參考一二希望能幫到您!

寫作文時冒號和引號要不要分開寫
Hello.
大家好。
I'm Oli.
我是奧利。
Welcome to Oxford Online English!
歡迎來到牛津在線英語課程!
In this lesson, you can learn about using colons and semicolons in writing.
在本課中,大家將要學習如何在寫作中使用冒號和分號。
First, let's look at using colons.
首先,讓我們看看冒號的使用。
Colons have one main job: they introduce specific examples or explanations.
冒號有一個主要功能:用於介紹特定的例子或解釋。
Let's look.
讓我們看看吧。
He had one problem: there was no way to get there in time.
他有一個問題:沒有辦法及時趕到那裡。
So in this sentence, we mention something general in the first part of the sentence, a problem.
所以在這個句子中,我們在句子的第一部分提到了一些一般的東西,也就是一個問題。
Then we give specific details in the second part, after the colon.
然後我們在冒號之後的第二部分給出具體細節。
There's just one rule here: do everything I tell you.
這裡只有一條規則:照我說的做。
Again, we mention something general in the first part, one rule.
同樣地,我們在第一部分提到了一般的東西,一個規則。
Then we say what it is, specifically, in the second part of the sentence.
然後在句子的第二部分,我們具體地說這是什麼。
A good way to remember this is that we put a general idea before the colon and then give a specific example or a more detailed explanation after the colon.
有一個很好的方法可以記住這一點,我們在冒號前放的是大致的意思,然後在冒號後給出一個具體的例子或更詳細的解釋。
You can also use colons to introduce a list of items.
你還可以使用冒號來介紹一系列的東西。
For example, "We've invited a small number of people: Bill, Emma, Rachel, and so on." Or, "Tolstoy wrote several books, other than 'War and Peace': 'Anna Karenina', 'The Cossacks', 'Resurrection', and so on." Finally, you can use colons to introduce speech in quotes, like, "He said: 'Don't talk to me about this again,'" or, "They shouted: 'Be careful. Don't get too close to the edge.'" In this case, it's not necessary to use a colon.
例如,「我們邀請了一小部分人:比爾、艾瑪、瑞秋等等」。或者,「除了《戰爭與和平》,託爾斯泰還寫了幾本書:《安娜·卡列尼娜》、《哥薩克人》、《復活》等等。」最後,你可以用冒號加引號來引入話語,比如,「他說:『不要再和我談論這個了』」,或者是「他們喊道:『小心點。不要離邊緣太近。』」在這種情況下,不一定要使用冒號。
You can also use a comma.
你也可以使用逗號。
There's no difference in which you use.
使用哪一個並沒有區別。
It's mostly a question of personal style.
主要是個人風格的問題。
After a colon, it's possible to use a small letter or a capital letter.
冒號後,可以使用小寫字母或大寫字母。
If you use a colon to introduce what someone said, you should generally use a capital letter.
如果你用冒號來引入某人說的話,通常應該用大寫字母。
If you use a colon to introduce an example or an explanation, you can choose to use a small letter or a capital.
如果你用冒號來引入一個例子或解釋,你可以選擇用小寫字母或大寫字母。
Using a capital letter is more common in American English, while in UK English, we almost always use a small letter.
在美國英語中使用大寫字母更常見,而在英國英語中,我們幾乎總是使用小寫字母。
Next, let's look at when not to use a colon.
接下來,讓我們看看什麼時候不能使用冒號。
We said that a colon has one main job: introducing specific examples or specific explanations.
我們說過冒號有一個主要作用:介紹具體的例子或具體的解釋。
We also said that a colon has one possible use, which is introducing what someone said.
我們還說過冒號有一個可能的用途,那就是引出某人說的話。
It's also important to know when not to use a colon.
知道什麼時候不使用冒號也很重要。
Here are some common mistakes which English learners sometimes make with colon use.
以下是英語學習者在使用冒號時常犯的一些錯誤。
First, don't use a colon at the beginning of a letter or an email, for example, after someone's name.
首先,不要在信件或電子郵件的開頭使用冒號,例如,在某人的名字之後。
Use a comma instead.
改用逗號。
Also, don't use a colon after a title or a heading, for example, at the top of an essay or an article or anything like that.
另外,不要在標題或標題後面使用冒號,例如,在一篇文章或類似的東西的最上面。
You don't normally need any punctuation at the end of the title.
通常不需要在標題末尾添加任何標點符號。
Next, let's look at using a semicolon.
接下來,讓我們看看使用分號。
Like a colon, a semicolon has one main use.
像冒號一樣,分號有一個主要用途。
We use it to show a connection between two complete sentences.
我們用它來表示兩個完整句子之間的聯繫。
A semicolon is actually similar to a full stop.
分號實際上類似於句號。
It's generally the writer's choice whether to use a full stop or a semicolon.
通常由作者自己選擇是使用句號還是分號。
A semicolon is used instead of a full stop because the writer wants to show that two ideas are more closely connected.
使用分號而不是句號,因為作者想表明兩個想法聯繫更密切。
For example, "The population of Shanghai is around 24 million; Beijing has around 22 million people." Our second example, "We knew he was guilty; There was no evidence, however." You can see in both of these examples that the parts before and after the semicolon could both be full sentences.
例如,「上海的人口大約 2400 萬;北京人口大約 2200 萬。」我們的第二個例子是,「我們知道他有罪;然而卻沒有證據。」你可以在這兩個例子中看到,分號前後的部分都可能是完整的句子。
So we could use a full stop in the first sentence, after 24 million, and then start a new sentence with the word "Beijing." That would be possible.
我們可以在 2400 萬之後的第一句中使用句號,然後用「北京」這個詞開始一個新句子。這是可以的。
Also, in the second sentence, we could use a full stop after "guilty," and then start a new sentence.
另外,在第二句中,我們可以在「有罪」之後使用句號,然後開始一個新句子。
The second important point is that both parts of the sentence, before and after the semicolon, are talking about a related topic.
第二個重點是句子的兩個部分,分號前後,都在談論一個相關的話題。
In the first example, both parts of the sentence are about the population of Chinese cities.
在第一個例子中,句子的兩個部分都是關於中國城市的人口。
In the second, both parts are obviously about the same criminal case and the same person.
在第二個部分,這兩個部分顯然是關於同一個刑事案件和同一個人。
So we use a semicolon to show that two ideas or two sentences are very closely related or talking about the same topic.
所以我們用分號來表示兩個想法或兩個句子非常密切相關,或用來談論同一個話題。
Often, when we want to join two sentences in English, we use a connecting word, like "and" or "but" or "therefore," for example.
通常,當我們想連接英語中的兩個句子時,我們會使用連詞,比如「and」、「but」或者是「therefore」。
When you join two sentences using a semicolon, you don't need to use a connecting word.
當你用分號連接兩個句子時,並不需要使用連詞。
However, if you use a connecting word to join two sentences, you sometimes need to use a semicolon and sometimes a comma.
然而,如果你用連詞連接兩個句子,那有時需要用分號,有時需要用逗號。
It depends what the connecting word is.
這取決於連詞是什麼。
To join sentences using "and," "or," "but," "yet," or "while," you should use a comma.
使用「and」、「or」、「but」、「yet」或「while」連接的句子,應該使用逗號。
To join two sentences using "however," "therefore," "nevertheless," or "meanwhile," you should use a semicolon.
使用「however」、「therefore」、「nevertheless」或「meanwhile」連接兩個句子,則應該使用分號。
These lists are not complete.
列出來的並不完整。
There are other connecting words which require a comma or a semicolon.
還有其他連接詞需要逗號或分號。
However, these are the most common, and the most important thing is to remember that for some connecting words, you need to use a comma, and for others, you have to use a semicolon.
但是這些是最常見的,最重要的是要記住,對於一些連詞而言,你需要使用逗號,而對於其他詞,則必須使用分號。
So here's our example from before, about the population of Shanghai or Beijing.
這是我們之前的例子,關於上海或北京的人口。
In this case, there's no connecting word.
在這種情況下,沒有連詞。
There's no word like "but" or "and" or "however." So we use a semicolon.
沒有像「but」或」、「and」、和「however」這樣的詞。所以我們使用分號。
OK, here's the same sentence, but a little bit different.
好的,這是同樣的句子,但是有一點不同。
In this case, we're using the connecting word "while." With "while," we need to use a comma.
在這個例子中,我們使用的是連詞「while」。在「while」的情況下,我們需要使用逗號。
We can't use a semicolon in this case.
在這種情況下,我們不能使用分號。
Another example.
另一個例子。
This time, we use the connecting word "however." "However" is used with a semicolon.
這一次,我們使用連詞「however」。「However」與分號一起使用。
A full stop would also be possible.
句號也是可以的。
Semicolons have one other use: they can be used in lists when the items on the lists contain commas.
分號還有一個用途:當列表中的物品包含逗號時,那就可以使用分號。
Usually when we make a list, we use commas to separate the items on the list.
通常當我們列一個列表時,我們用逗號分隔列表上的項目。
For example, "We need milk, eggs, sugar, and flour." We put a comma after each item, after milk, after eggs, and so on.
例如,「我們需要牛奶、雞蛋、糖和麵粉。」我們在每個物品後面加一個逗號,在牛奶後面,雞蛋後面等等。
But if the items on your list are not just words, but phrases which include commas, we use semicolons to separate the items on the list.
但是,如果列表中的項目不僅僅是單詞,而是包含逗號的短語,我們使用分號來分隔列表中的項目。
Let's take a look.
讓我們一起來看看吧。
"We traveled to four cities: Santa Fe, which is in New Mexico; Denver, Colorado; Las Vegas, Nevada; and finally, Los Angeles in California." In this case, we use semicolons to separate the items on the list because the items on the list already include commas.
「我們去了四個城市:新墨西哥州的聖達菲、科羅拉多州丹佛、內華達州的拉斯維加斯,最後是加州的洛杉磯。"在這種情況下,我們使用分號分隔列表中的各個項目,因為列表中的項目已經包含逗號。
If we used commas to separate the items, it would be very confusing and difficult to read.
如果我們用逗號來分隔項目的話,那就會非常混亂,難以閱讀。
Let's look at one more example.
讓我們再看一個例子。
"Only three people showed up: Tom, the head of accounting; Maria, who works in the sales department; and Ellie, who's doing an internship here." Again, the items on the list are phrases which include commas.
「只來了三個人:會計主管湯姆;瑪麗亞,在銷售部門工作;還有艾莉,在這裡實習。」同樣地,列表的項目是包含逗號的短語。
So it's much clearer to use semicolons to separate the parts of the list.
因此,使用分號分隔列表的各個部分要清晰得多。
So both the colon and the semicolon are used to show a connection between two ideas, but they operate in a very different way.
所以冒號和分號都被用來表示兩個想法之間的聯繫,但是它們的使用方式非常不同。
Let's finish by comparing the colon and the semicolon directly.
讓我們用比較冒號和分號來結束本節課程吧。
So in these three examples, the only difference is the punctuation, but it does make a big difference to the meaning.
在這三個例子中,唯一的區別是標點符號,但它確實會對意思產生很大的影響。
In the first case, the full stop shows that there is no necessary connection between these two ideas.
在第一種情況下,句號表明這兩個想法之間沒有必要的聯繫。
We have a problem, and he isn't doing enough to help me.
我們有麻煩了,他沒有盡力幫我。
These could be totally separate things.
這些可能是完全獨立的事情。
In the second case, with the semicolon, it shows that the ideas are related somehow.
在第二種情況下,使用分號表明這些想法在某種程度上是相關的。
I'm talking about the same topic.
我說的是同一個話題。
In the third sentence with the colon, we mean that the problem is his attitude.
用冒號的第三句,我們的意思是問題所在就是他的態度。
The problem is that he isn't doing enough to help.
問題是他沒有盡力幫忙。
To make this clearer, let's put these sentences in other words.
為了更清楚起見,讓我們把這些句子換成其他單詞。
In the first case, with the semicolon, we could also say, "We have a problem, and he isn't doing enough to help me with this problem." In the sentence with the colon, we could also say, "We have a problem, which is that he isn't doing enough to help me." If you can understand the difference here, that's a good sign.
在第一種情況下,用分號,我們也可以說:「我們遇到了一個問題,他沒有努力來幫助我解決這個問題。」在冒號的句子中,我們也可以說:「我們有一個問題,那就是他盡力來幫助我。」如果你能理解這裡的區別的話,那是一個很好的標誌。
It means you really understand the difference between colons and semicolons.
這意味著你真正地理解了冒號和分號之間的區別。
OK, that's the end of the lesson.
好了,這節課到此結束。
I hope it was useful.
希望這節課是有用的。
If you're watching on YouTube, I suggest you see the full version of this lesson on our website.
如果你正在看 YouTube 的話,我建議你在我們的網站上看這節課的完整版本。
The full version includes text and exercises, so you can read and review the lesson.
完整版本包括課文和練習,所以你就可以閱讀和複習課程。
You can also practice to check that you've understood.
你也可以練習檢查你是否真的理解了。
That's all, thank you again for watching, and I'll see you next time.
就到這裡,再次感謝大家的觀看,我們下期再見。
Bye bye!
拜拜!
,